Saturday, January 8, 2011

WE MOVED!!!

I know that there hasn't been an update in a few days, I had to head back to work, the place would fall apart without me :-D. But, I am done for the weekend and back up where I belong, with my family. Also. even though I was busy, my wife was even busier. She moved us :-).
My daughter has handled being extubated well, she still has a weird sounding cough as she tries to get the junk up. She has switched to oral meds for the most part, we still get an I.V. antibiotic and she has weened off all of her sedation, she still has oral Oxyconde, for pain. So, there was no real reason to keep her in the ICU, so ...they didn't.
We still have a was to go, though. We came to the floor with three chest tubes in and on constatnt O2. The chest tubes are drainging alot. The color of the drianage is the right color, so they aren't worried about bleeding but it is something they are keeping an eye on. We are also trying to ween her off the oxygen, but her system isn't ready for it. They want to keep her in the 80-85% range, but even with support we dip down to 78%. She likes to sleep alot right now and it is very very sore for her to be held. We are on the road to recovery, it's just going to take a while to get there.
The goal for today is to get her up out bed and take her for a little walk and let her play, alittle. They also want to see her drink some more. She doesn't reahh have much in the way of energy to eat or drink. We gave her a cup of kiwi, which she liked alot, she just fell asleep with her hand in the cup half way through. We just want to take it a day at a time. I will write more tonight and let you know how things go.


I am up and so thrilled about it
Hanging out with Uncle Rob

1 comment:

  1. Ron, how different you look with hair...heheh (just kidding, I read the caption, I know that's Uncle Rob)

    Kylie is so cute in those PJ's.

    We continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete