Saturday, January 8, 2011

Slow day, for the most part.


So the day was rather quiet. Kylie spent most of the day sleeping and resting, I mean who can blame her. She is really only a few days out of post-op. Her chest hurts where it is stitched together, they usually steri-strip it, but since they had to reopen it to get the extra bleeder, they needed something a bit stronger. She has three chest tubes that are draining the excess liquid from her chest cavity and her throat is raw from the tube that was down her throat. So needless to say, moving is not really something that she wants to do. She is much happier to stay in bed. But guess what was one of our main goals today, you guessed it...we needed to get her out of the bed. It helps to get the junk out her lungs and to breathe easier, it helps to get the excess fluid around so they reach the open tubes, so they can drain out, and it helps her get her strength back. So with a little bit of work we got Kylie, the chest tubes, and the oxygen tank all situated in a cart and took her for a walk and let me just say, she was thrilled:Actually there were points of this ride where she looked more annoyed at me than I have ever seen her before. I am thinking that I was getting a taste of her when she will be a teen-ager :-). No I am just kidding, she was exhausted. She is the strongest person I know. Because even after everything we have been through she still gave me a little treat.
Now that is a wonderful thing ain't it.
We are still working with Kylie to eat and drink more. She isn't doing well with drinking, she doesn't want the juice and the formula she threw up. Eating is ok, but not stellar. She liked the kiwi and the applesauce alot and she LOVED the popsicle and chocolate chip cookie. I think one of her big problems is that she runs out of energy. For example, she was eating a cup of kiwi and really enjoyed it, the only issue was that she ran out of steam and fell asleep with her hand in the cup. Her body has been through alot and needs sometime to heal.

I am going to let this go for now, because I am tired...which is really kind of funny, because I did nothing :-). But stayed tuned tomorrow, when I tell you about all the "fun" we had when Mommy left to go to the Ronald Mcdonald House and daddy was here all by himself.

TO BE CONTINUED......

1 comment: