Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Couldn't decide what to call this one....

I have a few titles that are running through my head for this update. One is "My daughter is the new face of U of M hospital...well at least the back of her head is the new face of U of M hospital." But that one was kind of long and didn't really have a decent ring to it. A second one was actually from a conversation that my wife had about my blog in bible study yesterday. It would be entitled "Well, he used to be really good about it but he has kind of dropped the ball lately", but that one paints me in a bad light and we certainly couldn't have that one. Thirdly, and I think it would have been the forerunner..."Kylie the OOMPA LOOMPA!!!". I liked it but wasn't sure how you all would feel about it. Technically, though this is my blog, so I can write whatever I want to sooooo.....:-P. But why don't I run through my thought process on these titles. Lets take the mean one first :-).
To say I get distracted is like saying fans of the Detroit Tigers are definitely not fair weather fans. That is most assuredly an understatement. I could be completely content in an empty room because I could live in my own little world for hours...its all right they all know me in my own little world. So I had ever intention of writing new blogs on my days off, but I kept on getting distracted and it wouldn't be until I was in bed and drifting off to sleep before I had a big old mental slap of the brain and was like CRUD I DIDN'T WRITE THE UPDATE....I AM SO FIRED....and then I make a promise to write it tomorrow, but then it happens again. So when someone, I am not naming names....cough Chelsea cough...made the critical comment of how I used to be really good at the blogs but now...not so much. ;-). I couldn't really be surprised at it but, I can still make fun of her for it. Oh well it is always easier to destroy than it is to create :-D. Though she is not completely off the mark, I have been bad at keeping up with this and I will do my best to keep on a better schedule, with writing one regular update a week and if there are any surprises I will let you all know. Now on to the next title.
My daughter was in the hospital for her surgery not too long ago and I must say she caused quite a stir. See, I am going to let you in on a little secret here...MY DAUGHTER IS CUTE. Hey, it's not bias if it is true. There is just something about sick children that makes them cuter, too :-). Well, we also had a friend of ours bring in a princess outfit in, crown and skirt, for Kylie and she fell in love with it and wanted to wear it all over the place. So my daughter was walking around with a crown and pulling her case of chest tubes all over the hospital greeting every one. Well some one got a picture and this will be one of the new banners greeting everyone in the main hospital...
Kylie was not quite feeling the motivation so she didn't want to look at the camera, but still...the back of her head is incredibly cute. But next time you are at U of M, see if you can find it.
Now on to the OOMPA LOOMPA title . Well sometimes a picture says so much more than me trying to describe it. So take a look :
OOMPA LOOMPA

Kylie

As you can see these pics are nearly identical, so close in fact, I thought it prudent to put the names of the two so as they were not confused. Her belly is getting very distended, aka BIG. This picture was taken about 3 weeks ago and it has grown about 2 or so inches bigger since then. We were scheduled to head to Ann Arbor on the 18th of this month to get the fluid tapped and tested. Just to let you know I am not a patient man, and the thought of having to wait that long before we had some idea of what was going on, was killing me and I was not always the easiest to be around...my wife is a saint for putting up with me. The only problem was that other than the ever growing belly...she was stable. Her vitals are the strongest they have ever been and her heart is doing great, for her. So she was urgent, just not emergent. Well as of yesterday, we got bumped up to Friday of this week. Why the sudden change, because they have noticed the fluid has started to get into the chest cavity as well. Hey chest is getting tight and not as easily compressible. That is a worry because that can put alot of unneeded stress on an already taxed heart and lungs. We are hoping that it is nothing too serious but there is no way of telling until we test the fluid, so hopefully we will know soon. You think after everything we have been through, I would be used to waiting. HA!!. Thanks for your prayers and continued support.

2 comments:

  1. It's only because I care:) Good to "see" you back on here! And yay! Kylie is famous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how sweet! Definite daughter-in-law material, indeed!

    Our prayers are and will continue to go with you for testing on Friday. Please keep us updated!

    Much love,

    Michelle and the Hagerotts
    http://fivelittleboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete