Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Birthday

    So we put up the Christmas Tree, celebrated Kylie's Birthday, and had a great Thanksgiving all in one week.  To say we were busy would be like saying OSU had a rocky season, I still think we should give Fickle one more season ( but that is another blog all together).  I read through our last blog and I realized the last real blog was that we were going home!  Time flies when you are having fun and I always had the intention of updating the blog when I had a day off and, more times than not, I would lay down in bed and smack my head and realize I forgot.  I am going to hit on the highlights and make a, soon to be, new years resolution to do better.
     First off, we have had no new hospitilizations since the pacemaker.  Kylie is doing great and is looking good.  We still have no idea what caused the fluid and whether or not it will come back.  I liked how one of the doctors put it.  He said that the fluid was an "idocratic" disease, meaning the doctors are idiots and can't figure it out :-).  I get little unnerved because, if the fluid does come back, all the reasons that is there is not good.  So, I think I am going to enjoy this and leave it in God's hands.
     Second, the pacemaker is another miricale.  We had an appointment with the pacemaker doctor and he was estatic!  Our appointment was at 9:00am and he came in smiles and saying we should all go out for a beer.  While, I do enjoy a good beer, 9am is a tad too early.  What was the cause for his slightly alcholic excitment?  Kylie had come out of heartblock.  After all the time we had spent in heartblock, the chances of her coming out was between slim and none and leaning towards the none.  Basically, there was a 99.9% chance of her never coming out of heartblock, but out she came.  Kylie has always been interesting.  She now uses the pacemaker .1% or less of the time.  She will need it more and more as her heart wears out, but that is a discussion that will be years down the road. 
     We celebrated Thanksgiving, a birthday, and put up the Christmas Tree all in one week.  Kylie loved the food for Thanksgivng, she has gained 3 lbs total since last weigh in.  She is in love with the Christmas tree, the first night we turned it off she lost it.  Complete and total melt down, it was like I ripped the head off of her of her favorite doll right in front of her.  I think she is getting in the Christmas spirit, don't you?  I am just worried about what's going to happen when we take it down!
     Kylie's 3rd birthday was yesterday, as well.  It is so hard to believe that my little one is three years old.  She is completely wonderful, full of smiles and laughs.  She is a walking miricale and she absoultetly loves all the attention. I am so thankful for the little girl she is becoming and I just pray that I am a man worthy of being her father.
    I have one other quick little note that I would like to add.  Kylie is definetly in love with the attention but she is going to have to learn how to share some of it.  If you haven't already heard, Aubrey is Pregnant!!!  Everything looks great, the heart has four beautiful chambers and everything looks great.  We may actually have a completely healthy little baby girl, yep it is going to be a little girl.  It is wierd that I am slightly freaked out by the notion of a healthy baby.  I am still getting used to the fact that we will take this one home right away, Lord willing.  I have spent three years, constantly, waiting for the other shoe to drop, with Kylie, it is almost seems normal to me.  Well, it seems, God has blessed us with a new healthy little girl.  On March 5, 2012, be ready world becasue Mackenzie Rose Stowers is scheduled to make an appearence.  :-)

Allright I think that catches you up on the main parts...I will keep you up on the new news :-)  Take care and God Bless.
  

1 comment:

  1. So much goodness in one update!! Not only did you return to blogland, but you came back with a bang!!

    I laughed and laughed over the image in my head of Kylie's meltdown when the Christmas tree was shut off.

    So glad you're enjoying a smoother pregnancy ride. Praying that it continues.

    ReplyDelete